sWADAH is Malaysian-made Digital Institutional Repository (DIR) system that are easy to use and configure.
The development of this DIR begun in 2009 started from our iSYS engine. During this 10 years, we spent countless hours developing our own DIR to support all the newest technology made possible in the software development community. This is mainly because Eprints and DSpace are not so easy to use and complicated to install.
Added recipes: jQuery, jQueryUI, fontawesome, tinyMCE, pdf.js, parsley, phpmailer, smalot/pdfparser, pdftotext
- Input using MARC record
- UTF8 Unicode
- Google Scholar metadata indexing
- Searcher API
- OAI-PMH v2.0 (oai_dc and uketd_dc)
- EZproxy mode.
- PDF word-by-word indexer
- White-listed IP support
- Guest PDF support
- Duplicate Finder Tool
- Easy to rebrand, backup, restore, configure
- Admin/User account portal
- Mobile app
- User self deposit with submission-approval and email notifications subsystem.
- Reporting tools for various aspect of system administration and usage.
- Gzip compression for faster loading time.
- Eprint import tool (beta)
- Librarian view
- Photo/Picture deposit with auto-watermark
Follow this instructions (localhost environment) or watch this installation video (in Bahasa Melayu):
- sWADAH may require this php add-ons:
php-common, php-mysql, php-gd, php-xml, php-mbstring, php-mcrypt
- Download installation files of sWADAH (sWADAH_<build>_files_install.zip) and its database (sWADAH_<build>_database_install.sql)
- Create new database using your method of choice (eg. phpMyAdmin, mysqldump) and import the sWADAH_<build>_database_install.sql into the database you have created.
- Next, extract sWADAH_<build>_files_install.zip into your web server working directory (eg. Centos: /var/www/html)
- Next, you will need to setup config.php inside the extracted web server directory above. Follow the documentation inside the file to configure your database, upload directories and many other settings.
- To check if your installation is successful, try accessing index.php (eg. http://localhost/swadah/index.php if extracted in swadah directory in the web server)
- If your configuration succeed, you may see this screen:
- Default login password for admin is 1. You’ll need to change this password as soon as possible.
- Optional step: Newer version of sWADAH (beginning 2020X) require composer to be install alongside with smalot/pdfparser that needs to be updated. Refer https://github.com/smalot/pdfparser for more info now how to install. This is optional and disable by default, but sWADAH will use pdftotext module to read PDF contents.
Upgrading is easy. You will need to download (sWADAH_<build>_files_update.zip) and its database (sWADAH_<build>_database_update.sql –if available)
Then extract the zip file to overwrite contents on your installation directory. If the database_update file is available, simply import the script using phpmyadmin or any mariadb/mysql database management software.
Please take note that config.php will be overwritten. Please make use of config.user.php (more on config.php and config.user.php below)
You may create config.user.php that will exist alongside with config.php. After creating the file, you will need to uncomment
include (‘config.user.php’) in config.php file
in order for sWADAH to fetch it configuration properties from the file.
You may assign your own values (all attributes and initial values can be refer back in config.php) so that when you are upgrading sWADAH, your configuration will remain. If you do not have this file, you have to start over. So the existence of config.user.php is to facilitate easy upgrading if ever config.php will change in the future releases. All values assigned in config.user.php will overwrite the one in config.php
For more information, you might want to see this explanation video on YouTube.
Click here to view up-to-date releases.
If you requires additional helps or need information regarding the installation of sWADAH, contact us at email@example.com
We are also providing PRO PACKAGE for any potential clients. PRO PACKAGE includes:
- 1 year priority bug-fixes
- Training for customization and administration
- Backup automation to your cloud storage
- Mobile app (Android only)